We’ve got some fantastic Ramadan recipe ideas that are easy to make. Whether you’re looking for something for Suhoor for your early morning meal or Iftar inspiration for your evening dishes, we’ve got plenty of Ramadan recipe ideas for you to try.
It’s important that your early morning meals are full of slow release energy to keep you going throughout the day. A meal packed with protein and fibre will help to keep you feeling fuller for longer and maintain your energy levels whilst you’re fasting.
Suhoor Recipe – Beef Sausage Shakshuka (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 2 Cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Beef Halal Sausages (diced)
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Wholemeal Bread
- Add the oil, onion, garlic and sausage to a frying pan on high and heat until sausages are cooked through.
- Bring down to a simmer and add chopped tomatoes, chilli, cumin and paprika.
- After 10 minutes, make four wells in the tomatoes and break an egg into each well.
- Cover and simmer for a further few minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Serve with wholemeal toast and enjoy!
More Suhoor Ideas
- Beef Bacon Sandwich on Wholemeal Bread
- Beef Sausage and Tomato Omelette
- Turkey Rashers and Scrambled Eggs
- English Muffin With Egg and Turkey Bacon
Iftar is a great opportunity to bring family and friends together to break the fast, but when cooking Iftar, be sure to create well balanced dishes that help replenish your energy levels. Also make sure you drink plenty of water and consume water-rich foods at Iftar to try and avoid dehydration.
Iftar Recipe – Lamb Stew (Serves 4)
- 50ml Cooking Oil
- 1Kg Halal Lamb Leg (diced)
- 1 White Onion (chopped)
- 500ml Lamb Stock
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 6 Carrots (chopped)
- ½ Bunch of Thyme
- 70g butter
- 70g flour
- 1 tablespoon of cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees Celsius and flour the diced lamb.
- In a Dutch oven, place on a medium to high heat and add your oil.
- Season the lamb and seal off in the pan until coloured on all sides then put to one side.
- Add butter to the pan and turn the heat down to low. Add your onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Replace the lid and leave for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat to high.
- Add your stock and whisk until it thickens. Reduce the heat and add the lamb.
- Put the lid back on and cook for around one hour.
- Serve with your chosen sides and enjoy.
More Iftar Ideas
- Lamb Biryani With Brown Basmati Rice
- Chicken and Lentil Soup
- Chicken and Mixed Pepper Kebabs
If you’re looking for some Eid recipe ideas to celebrate the end of Ramadan, take a look at our top picks below and whip up a fantastic feast for the whole family.
Eid al-Fitr Recipe – Halal Beef Hot Dogs
- 8 x Halal Hot Dogs
- 8 X Hot Dog Buns
- 4 tbsp Mustard
- 4 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 White Onion (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Add the oil and onion to a pan and fry on a high heat until onions have softened.
- Reduce the heat and add the hot dogs to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Once the hot dogs are cooked, place in the buns and top with the fried onions, a drizzle of ketchup and mustard. Serve and enjoy!
More Eid al-Fitr Ideas
- Chicken Pakoras and Dip
- Chicken Samosas and Raita
- Tandoori Chicken Skewers
- Lamb Tagine and Couscous
- Lamb Korma
Ramadan and Eid Box
Here at Tom Hixson of Smithfield, we’re currently offering a special offer Ramadan and Eid box, full of quality halal produce. Our latest bundle is a halal meat box that has everything you need for Ramadan recipes and Eid celebration dishes for you and the whole family to enjoy.
You’ll receive all of this superb gourmet produce (worth £93.85) for just £70!
Looking for more? We also supply a further selection of halal meat, with a variety of cuts to choose from. Take a look through our current offerings, including halal beef, halal lamb meat and our high quality chicken halal meat. This can be found alongside our superbly marbled and flavoursome halal wagyu beef and halal burgers made from Wagyu steak. Ideal if you’re looking for something extra special.
Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and show us your creations @hixsonmeatldn